Kidneys are bean-shaped organs that are present in the human body on both sides of the abdominal region. The kidneys are responsible for removing waste from our body in the form of urine. The kidneys help in filtering the blood and absorb the essential nutrients in Bowman’s capsule.
The kidneys are very essential for our body consists of two parts the Bowman’s capsule and Henley’s loop. The person could survive on one Kidney. In the patients whose both kidneys are not filtering the blood there is an accumulation of waste products in the blood. The accumulation of waste products results in many diseases like high blood pressure, heart and lung diseases.
Kidney failure is most commonly seen in people who are suffering from diabetes and heart diseases. Tumours and cysts in kidneys could be cancerous and then a patient needs a kidney transplant. A kidney transplant is common these days and you need a donor who could donate a kidney to the needy patient. The donor could live a healthy life with one kidney.
There are many medical services provided in India for a kidney transplant. The kidney transplant operations are performed by surgeons who are giving successful results after the kidney transplant.
The Average cost of Kidney Transplant covers the admission fees in a particular hospital, money given to live Kidney donor, pre and post-transplant medication and tests and fees are given to the surgeon.
There are few steps to be taken before a kidney transplant operation
- The blood tests are conducted both for the kidney donor and the recipient. The blood tests include the haemoglobin percentage, no trace of any HIV, hepatitis. The body is analysed completely so that the doctors are sure that the patient is not suffering from any heart or lung disease. The blood group and tissue of donor and recipient are matched.
- As the blood test and complete body check-up are successful the patient is ready for a kidney transplant. They are given anaesthesia before the operation.
- The operation is performed by surgeons and it takes about three to four hours for a successful kidney transplant.
- The donor and recipient are kept under medical supervision for seventy-two hours in an intensive care unit. The donor is discharged after the body functions come to the required level.
- The recipient is checked frequently by the team of doctors. The catheter is inserted into the body and connected to gall bladder for a few days and the waste is removed through this pipe. The patient may require dialysis in beginning to restore the functionality of the kidney that is transplanted into the body. The patient is kept on a liquid diet in the beginning.
- As the patient recovers from the surgery the kidney functions properly the patient is discharged from the hospital. The patient has to be in continuous contact with the doctor after the operation. A regular blood test and complete check-up of the body is necessary. Kidney transplant cost should be considered well before the surgery as it requires a lot of money before and after transplant.