Some years ago tattoos were something that were frowned upon by masses, but now with the many celebrities and famous personalities also getting tattoos, it has become a common sight and people are okay with it. In fact, these days’ tattoos are in vogue and people are always looking for something new and interesting to flaunt. However, if you are someone new for a tattoo or someone planning to add one more tattoo on your existing line then why not opt for traditional tattoos?
Specialty of traditional designs
- The traditional tattoos are known for the use of thick black outlines. The designs have very little use of color and there are a lot of black shades used.
- There is an average blue, yellow, red or green color used but it is limited. So the colors are limited and the tattoos are usually dark in appearance.
- There are very few details in the tattoos and the colors are used in blocks.
- The design is as such that it is portrayed in a two dimensional way and that is also considered the specialty of a traditional tattoo.
Some important details about traditional tattoos
Since the traditional designs were done years ago, these are simple and less complex as it was done with the usage of less complicated tools and equipments. The army and navy personal were the most common ones to get the traditional tattoos and so the nautical motives and military themes is something most common you will find in the traditional tattoos. There are certain rules that the tattoo artists need to follow in order to come up with the genuine tattoos designs. There are certain motives and colors and the designs that guide the artist to design a specific tattoo. The most reputed pioneers in this field have set a pattern for the designs and so most of the reputed artists in our days follow their pattern and come up with the traditional tattoos.
Things to remember while going for a traditional tattoo
- Since there are certain strict guidelines that the traditional tattoo artist needs to follow, it will be good to make sure that the artist you choose is reputed in his field and is well known for good work.
- Opt for an experienced artist so that you will get one of the best finishes for your tattoo.
- In order to not get a fake or a knock off tattoo, you better make sure that you only get the professional who clearly understand what traditional tattoo is all about.
- The neo traditional tattoo designs as much in vogue these days. In this technique some modern tools are used and combined with the traditional tattoos.
- In the neo traditional type of designs there will still be thick broad black lines but when it comes to the color there will be attractive colors that can be used with it. In easier terms it can be said that it is a combination of old design and the latest tools.
Getting a tattoo is a lifetime thing for many, and for some it is something that reflects their personality to the full, and so it is important to make sure that you get the best out of it. As with everything around us, the traditional tattoos are also in vogue due to their simple and hardy design. So when take appropriate measures and make sure to go for a traditional tattoo design, you can also get a chance to flaunt your tattoo with great style.