Riding a bike, regardless whether it is a road bike, mountain bike, or even exercise bikes, gives you so many health benefits. The good thing about cycling in general is that it is enjoyable and healthy. If you want to lose weight or to improve your general health, then you should pick bicycling as one of your hobbies.
You don’t have to be a health professional to realize that cycling is good for your health. If you want to live a healthier life, then why not try cycling? But before you wear your BADR sport T-shirts and riding your bicycle, knowing how cycling can benefit you is worth noting.
- Improves cardiovascular fitness – Have you ever experienced walking for a couple of minutes and you catch yourself gasping for air? This could mean that you have poor cardio. One of the best ways to improve your cardiovascular fitness is to do cardio-based exercises like cycling.
- Develops muscle strength – Cycling has been proven be health professionals as good workout for muscle strength improvement. Because bicycle riders put their muscles in stress, it helps them acquire muscle strength in no time. Bicycling likewise improves muscle flexibility.
- Improves posture – People suffering from poor posture may find cycling very beneficial. Cycling has been known for improving posture as it is good for the back and muscle coordination. If you have poor posture and balance, you may want to consider bicycling as it can definitely solve this problem.
- Reduces stress and depression – Stress and depression can trigger wide array of health complications, and a good way to fend off these two is cycling. Spending time riding the bike through the city, countryside, or hills can relax you, reducing your anxiety, stress, and even depression. This is made possible because cycling is unquestionably an energy-filled and fun activity.
- Facilitates weight loss – Using exercise bikes or riding a regular bike can surely make you burn calories faster. Cycling for an hour can burn 300 to 500 calories, depending on your weight and mode of cycling. Hence, cycling is a good activity for losing weight and keeping your body in best shape possible.
- Improves general health – Same as other physically demanding activities, cycling prevents and manages health risks. Since riding the bike improves your health, you are become more tolerant and less prone to certain types of diseases, especially those that are associated with obesity and lack of physical activities.
The best thing about cycling is that it does not only improve your health, but also provide you with you other practical benefits, such as:
Helps the environment – Riding a bike going to and from a certain place rather than using a vehicle can reduce carbon emissions, making cycling a good tool for environment protection. Aside from giving yourself a good workout, you are also contributing to environment conservation.
Cuts fuel costs – If you are tired of spending too much money on fuel or commuting expenses, then bicycling is the perfect activity for you. As long as you have good working bike, you can go to different places for free. Instead of driving to work, school, shopping center, gym, or meeting, you can use your bike. It is free and enjoyable.
Makes you a more positive person – Stress can take the worst out of you, and since cycling can take the stress away, you become a more positive individual. Once you get the thrill of cycling, you forget about the stress you get from work, school, or personal matters. Since being stressed out all the time is not good for the health, bicycling can definitely help you live a happier life.
If you’re already decided to take cycling seriously, then you need to invest in the right equipment and wear. You might want to check out BADR sport T-shirts as these pieces are great for any sports and physical activities. You would also need to consider getting the right shoes, cycling shorts, bicycle helmet and gloves.