Many people have started to try out mask alternatives from bandannas and scarves to knitted and silk face coverings but nothing can ever match the efficacy of the elite N95 mask.
N95 Mask minimize the risk of breathing in very tiny particles in the air due to sweeping, sawing and mould removal. The respirator must have a tight seal against your face so that much of the air you inhale passes into the respirator to protect you correctly.
Ever wondered about the differentiation between the KN95 mask and the N95 Mask? The only distinction between the two is where the mask is accredited. KN95s are accredited in China, while N95s are accredited in the USA. In case you have more questions, refer to www.accumed.com and find all your answers as per the experts. Make sure you keep some time to peruse through the range of masks available there as well.
If you profession requires you to be at warehouses or places where you might smell contaminants like carbon monoxide and other chemical odors, you must know that even a KN95 mask cannot protect you against these contaminants. If you smell any such things, make it a point to leave that area immediately for your safety.
For those operating on the front lines of the pandemic, the FDA has made a clear statement to use the KN95 mask or the N95 mask. But if you are not a health-worker, the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention advises to sticking to the usage of cloth masks.
Although there appears to be a shortage of personal protective equipment for the medical staff considering people are buying it in bulk to safeguard their families against COVID-19, leaving those most vulnerable to virus infection unprotected. Hence, avoid buying Respirators and PPE kits unless you cannot do without them, like the Medical staff.
Follow the following tips if you are the user of an N95 mask:
- Know that respirators do not tend to suit everybody. Make sure you take an expert’s opinion before investing in one.
- If you have a heavy beard or heavy facial hair, then an N95 mask will not give you its maximum protection because it will fail to fit your face well.
- People with chronic heart or lung problems (e.g. congestive heart disease, asthma) should not buy themselves an N95 mask before getting an opinion from their health care provider.
- It is important to remember that N95 mask with exhalation valves are useful for moisture reduction only.
- If your mask cracks slightly, becomes dirty or you find it difficult to breathe through the respirator, discard it in a sealed pack and replace it with a new one immediately.
- They are not appropriate for children below 5 years of age because they need to fit the facial ergonomics well to provide maximum protection. Use fabric masks for your children instead.
Double-check the mask before re-using it and discard it immediately if it is bent, torn, contaminated or when inspected for a leak it does not pass. Nobody understands the functioning and usage of an N95 Mask and hence you must obey their advice regarding requirements for the use, reuse and disposal of masks.