At Fit’n’ Tasty, we love creating healthy and nourishing recipes to show our customers that finding health is pretty simple. This week, we made this mouth-watering chocolate chip banana bread. It is a very easy recipe that helps you get rid of brown bananas and leftover fruit. We used whole wheat organic flour to keep it healthy but you can also use gluten free flour if you need it. To keep this bread vegan, we made these cool “flax eggs” that have the same consistency as egg whites. We also replaced butter with coconut oil.
Here is our recipe:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups mashed banana (preferably overripe)
- agave syrup to taste
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp flax seed powder + 6 tbsp water
- 250 ml almond or nut milk
- 1-2 tbsp oats
- cacao nibs to taste
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Prepare the flax eggs by mixing 2 tbsp of ground flaxseed and 6 tbsp of water. Let it rest for 10 min
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the banana, almond milk, flax eggs and coconut oil.
- Mix all of the ingredients together and add milk if the batter is too stiff.
- Grease a square baking pan with coconut oil and pour the mixture inside. Sprinkle the oats on top of the bread batter.
- Let it cook for approximately 45min. Check if it’s ready by poking a thin wooden stick inside the cake. If it comes out with batter on it, leave in the oven for a bit longer. If you want the cake a little bit moist, take it out and let it cool !
Enjoy this banana bread with one of our fresh almond milks !