In recent times many organizations and a health center has come up with multiple projects and innovative ideas to reach out the targeted groups. The awareness is needed that may reduce the shame and myths related to the very illogical idea of causing AIDS/HIV. Different AIDS Movement is being initiated by these organizers for the well being of the sufferers.
These organizers tend to provide testing facilities, care services and kind of STD-related services that are needed by the HIV positive tested clients.
The benefits of conducting such programs
These programs are well fully organized and planned so that people do not hesitate to come out of their locked shells. Often they shy to get the treatments in the fear of being excluded by the society. Here, such programs make the society to actively participate in helping cure these myths related to AIDS/HIV. So, that the patients get the proper treatments.
They are committed to educate the society to come out of the traditional orthodox notions. It proved their energy and efficient resources the affected areas greatly to help in preventing the spread of HIV and also to provide help and support to the people with HIV live happily, healthy and independently for the rest of their lives.
Highlights of the awareness program
Such organizations have come up with their 3 important agendas, they are as follows:
- HIV prevention education
- Free and confidential testing
- Helpful support services
They make sure to keep the confidentiality of their clients regarding any tests and treatment procedures. Their main priority is to stop the increasing negativity about HIV patients and normalize the testing’s and treatments in the society.
These organizations create the projects keeping in mind the proper utilization for the societal development and uplifting the positivity be towards it through different campaigns and services. Some of their services are like:
- Housing assistance for the patient’s need and requirements
- Partner services to the clients testing positive to HIV/AIDS or any kind of STDs
- Substance abuse services refers the clients to speak with specialists regarding drug or alcohol addictions and treatments etc
- A monthly social calendar where various events take place highlighting the patients and their families about the necessary things
- PrEP/nPEP are their special kind of services. It is a once-daily pill for the HIV negative patients to lower than chances of risk of infections.
- Mental health services to clients suffering from any incurable diseases who need special services to overcome the stress and traumatic experiences.
- Health insurance services for the clients, because to combat any long-lasting diseases economic support is ardently required.
- Volunteer opportunities are given by these organizations to outreach the Target groups and provide them safer tips and kits and aware them about the benefits of such services.
Why it is important to discuss about HIV/AIDS?
So many people are suffering from various STD-related diseases including men and women leaving children orphaned because of HIV/AIDS. The awareness programs are necessary because every individual should know the levels of care and treatment for these incurable diseases. They are concerned about every community so they have started spreading awareness to all the institutions starting from schools, colleges, Universities and even in workplaces.
The more people will know about it the more they will inspire and encourage people suffering from these to get the available advanced special treatments and government aided services. It is recommended by these organizations to all the people be it a child or an adult, not to be shy of providing sex education to their concerned ones. Specifically, children should be aware of the precautionary measures mandatory before involving in physical contact.