Imagine waking up in a luxurious king sized bed with your partner to the sound of waves. You wake up to the magnificent view of the bright blue sky with white fully clouds and loud seagulls flying about merrily overhead. Going out on the deck, you are greeted by a scrumptious feast for breakfast that you can enjoy perched up on the on-site restaurant overlooking the oceans. With the wind in your hair and the smell of the sea filling your senses, it seems like a dream that’s too good to be true.
Cruise Vacations – An Overview
Well, that was a short but succinct summary of what a cruise actually feels like. That is not all though; there are a lot of activities that you can enjoy on-board. From playing billiards with your friends and to enjoying cocktails by the deck to getting amazing spa massages and a beautiful tan- a cruise is everything you’ve ever wanted in a vacation.
However, all these amenities come at a price, a very high one at that. Most cruise ships cater to the rich and elite travelers who can afford a weekend gateway in the lap of luxury. Thanks to the advancements in the tourism industry though, there are cruise ships that offer package deals to customers at a cheaper price.
What Do Cruise Vacation Packages Include?
Most cruise vacation packages include free buffet meals, cabin spaces, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, complimentary toiletries and access to the decks and other spaces on-board. Other services include free spa treatments, access to game rooms, the gym, free entry to parties, and performances by local artists, and even discounts at flight fares and sightseeing activities.
Finding the Cheapest Deals
Planning a vacation is not all fun and games. There are several practical aspects that you have to think about. Where are you going? Where will you stay? What places are you planning to cover? What is your budget? These are a few simple but basic questions that you need to ask yourself before planning a holiday.
There was a time when the very idea of a cruise would be out of question for a middle class family. Fortunately times have changed for the better. Today, we have luxury resorts and cruise ships offering reasonably charged packages for travelers who want to enjoy a cruise but were not able to afford it earlier.
Here are a few ways that you can find the best deals available;
- Almost every major cruising agency or shipping company regularly posts updates on the recent deals and discounts on social media platforms like Twitter
- You can even subscribe to these cruise ship websites to get customized offers in your email
- Look for package deals that cover fooding, lodging and transport expenses. Also be on the lookout for freebies and complimentary services
- The best way to get a cheap deal is to be an early bird and sweep in with your reservations months before the cruise is set to sail. The price of the tickets increases the longer you wait
- Always keep an eye out for the prices as they fluctuate quite frequently
- Also, ensure that you get cash back if you find a change in the cruise fare prices
- If you are planning to book the tickets late then postpone it till the very last minute. The last minute fares are often available at a discounted price although you probably won’t get the best of seats
- Opt for a cabin guarantee scheme if you are not sure about where you want to stay on the cruise. Sometimes, you might even get an upgrade
- Booking tickets in bulk is always cheaper than booking single tickets. Most cruise ships also offer free berths if you arrive on board with a large group
- Don’t book tickets during the peak season. Off-season tickets are cheaper and the cruise is not as packed with tourists giving you the much-needed solitude
- If you are a senior citizen or have served in the military you can get some concessions in the cruise fares. People who are frequent cruises can also avail travel points and discounts
What is the Best Time to Book a Cruise Trip?
The best time to take a cruise trip is during the off season. If you are travelling on a budget and want to save some money on the tickets, then we would recommend that you book tickets when the cruise is not packed with guests.
However, we would also suggest that you look out for seasonal deals and coupons that will cut down the costs considerably. With Christmas and New Year around the corner, you can find out the best cruise vacation packages and inclusive deals through either travel agents or travel websites online.