Nowadays, different problems are there related to the skin, out of which one is the issue of scars. Rest, it depends upon the level of injury and how much it takes time to recover. The availability of scar reducing cream is there in the market to treat it. Whether the condition is at any level, but until and unless the doctor suggests not to proceed further. Otherwise, the individual is responsible for the consequences. Use as per the directions to treat different types of scars, which include keloid scar, acne scar, contracture scar & hypertrophic scar. Even some scars fade away concerning time, no need for treatment is there, but it doesn’t mean it completely disappears. Proper prevention measures are the crucial step to avoid making one step ahead in the critical stages.
Here are undeniable measures to avoid the scaring problems before it rises beyond a certain level-
- Avoid injuries- Using proper safety equipment as precautionary measuresthat help the wounds to recover quickly. Even it also protects the commonly injured parts of the body.
- Treat injuries as soon as possible- Ignoring minor problems may lead to massive issues. One needs to treat these, it can be first aid or anything to avoid scars. If the condition goes worse, then one needs to seek medical attention to cure the issues.
- Keep the injury clean- Using mild soap and water help in cleaning the affected stuff and make them free from germs and other things also. It is to avoid the injury to grow further.
- Use gels or tapes- As per the research, using the silicon tapes or gels soften the infected parts and helps in changing the appearance of the scar within a particular time.
- Use petroleum jelly to keep the wound clean- This helps the affected area from drying out or forming the scab or any other thing which makes things worse. If the scabs are there, it takes more time to recover, which may lead to scar from getting too large or itchy one. One needs to clean the infected area daily, which does not require any anti-bacterial things.
- Do not fall for wrong advertisements- Most of us heard that vitamin E is best to treat scar problems, but it hasn’t approved yet & many more. No over-the-counter product claiming to prevent scars has been scientifically proved other than ayurvedic or no chemical products.
- Consult the doctor- If the wound is deep or some major issue is there, then consult the doctor immediately to get proper advice from them.
These are some of the measures which one needs to keep in mind to avoid scars problems and won’t let them increase beyond a certain level. Also, scar reducing cream products are there in the market, which breaks the tissue and won’t let it grow further. Don’t think that the issue disappears completely, they fade over time & even chances are there that they come back if proper prevention measures are not taken. If an individual feels that problem is still there, then immediately have first aid treatment & if it does not work, then take advice from the doctor.