There is nothing like coming home after a long day at work, just watching some TV shows and chilling. We hear, “Netflix and chill” so often that it has become a rage. But, what if just when you are about to unwind, a message saying Netflix Code NW-2-5 pops up on your device, utterly disrupting your much-awaited respite? What do you do next?
Well, this is where we step in. But, before we get started, let’s take a quick peek at what Netflix is all about, shall we?
With over 130 million users worldwide, Netflix, an American media-services provider and production company, is the second most popular video streaming service in the states alone (2019 statistics). Whether you like rom-com or thrillers, whether you are young or old, this top-notch app has something for everyone. You can stream movies or TV shows from any device. The devices that support streaming of Netflix are mobile phones, tablet computers, smart TVs, Blu-ray Disc players, digital media players, and video game consoles.
What is Netflix Error Code NW-2-5?
Netflix code NW-2-5 error is a rather common and complicated Netflix problem to detect and repair. In layman’s term, it means that due to a network connectivity issue, your device is unable to connect with the Netflix service.
Causes of this error are as follows:
- Something could be wrong with your device.
- There is an issue with your home network.
- Internet connection is poor or not connected.
Here, we are going to show you how to fix the Netflix error code NW-2-5. (Note that the following steps might not apply for all devices. On some devices, you cannot change or verify the DNS settings).
- Does the network you are using support streaming?
If you are using a shared internet connection, access to streaming services may be disabled by the network administrator. If that is the case, you could contact the network administrator.
- Is your device connected to the internet?
To make sure that your internet connection is working, try running a network connection test by opening browsers and apps. If you are unable to access the browser or app, contact your device manufacturer for further assistance.
- Have you tried turning your device off and on again?
Try turning your device off for at least a minute. For some devices like Blu-ray Player, try unplugging your device from the main power.
- Are your DNS settings verified?
DNS settings can be changed or verified for some devices. If your device does not allow you to do either, you can move on to the next step.
- Have you tried restarting the home network?
Turn off your device and unplug both your modem and router then wait for 30 seconds. After turning them back on, try to access Netflix again.
- Have you tried an ethernet connection?
Plug the device you are using directly into your modem with an Ethernet cable. This works wonders when your wireless internet connection has a poor network.
- Have you checked the strength of your Wi-Fi signal?
There are a few measures that you can take to improve your Wi-Fi connection. You could try moving your router to a new location, make sure that the router is placed as high as possible, or you could also try removing wireless devices such as cordless phones away from your router.
If none of the above steps works, you could try reaching out to your internet service provider or contact Netflix customer support team to assist you further.
If you are encountering Netflix Code NW-2-5 on PlayStation 3/4 (PS3/4), follow the given steps:
- Go to the Main Menu of the PS3/4.
- Select Settings.
- Go to Network Settings, then Internet Connection Settings and click the OK button.
- From Custom, choose wired or wireless for connecting.
1) For wired connection:
- Pick Auto-Detect for Operation ode.
- To change the IP address setting, choose Automatic.
- For the DNS settings, select Automatic
- Pick Do not set a DHCP host name.
- Set MTU to Automatic.
- Select Do not use the Proxy server.
- Enable UPnP and click Test the Connection.
2) Steps for Wi-Fi connections:
- Select Enter Manually under WLAN.
- To see IP address Setting, go right
- Your former set settings will re-appear automatically.
From movies to TV shows, comedy to action, Hollywood to Bollywood, Netflix has all the shows to keep you entertained and unwind. You can simply download the app from your app store or play store.