Many swimming pool companies snows build natural pools. A natural pool is designed to simulate ponds, pools, or other water bodies in the wild. They are different from the chlorine-filled, traditionally rectangular swimming pools.
Unlike most swimming pools, a natural pond or swimming pools are filtered organically. There is no use of chemicals. A regeneration pool zone is built nearby. The water enters through either a constructed wetlands that clean the water or a gravel filter. This is similar to the system by which the aquatic plants’ clean ponds naturally. In consequence, the pool remains no less clean than a chemical filtered pool. The natural pool and the regeneration zone create an ecosystem that changes gradually. And often insects or animals are attached to the zone. However, they stay from the pool and the environment is not conducive for them.
Pros and Cons
- The natural pools are environmental or green. The chemicals’ need for a traditional pool is harmful to the environment.
- Natural pools are adaptable. Even though the description conjures up an impression of a muddy brown pond. However, the bottom of most is filled with concrete. It can be made to look like a traditional pool; the gravel filter can be hidden and places underground. You can design it to look like a type of pool that can be found in the woods with boulders and rocks. They are more flexible in design than a traditional pool.
- They work in all types of climates. They freeze over during winters like ponds in the wild.
- Natural or organic pools need less maintenance than a traditional pool. Moreover, their yearly costs are lower once the construction is finished. They do not require chemical filtration, ph balancing, chlorine, or any other daily or weekly chores. But these become essential while maintaining or keeping a traditional pool clean. They need to be kept free from debris and well skimmed. The degree of maintenance that’s required for a natural pool is lower.
- The regeneration zone means that more land is required to build a natural pool. The zone is commonly as big as the pool itself. If space is a considerable factor than a traditional pool is a better option.
- The aesthetic of a natural pool can be off-putting for some swimmers. It is so because they might prefer blue and clear water. The water may have a brownish tint depending on the existence of algae. It is important to eliminate some form of life or sediment from the pool. Even though the water is safe to swim in, the look of it might not appeal to some.
- The initial investment for a natural pool is significantly high. Building it can be quite expensive as it needs an entirely discrete pool for filtration. It might be a difficult task to find a contractor to build one as they are unusual than a traditional pool. It’s always good to hire someone who has expertise in this area. Rely only on those who have built such pools of different designs.
- It is true that in the long run, they are reasonable than a traditional pool. It is because of their negligible maintenance costs. But what if you are planning to sell your property within a few years? In such a case, you may end up spending more on the natural pool than the traditional pool.
A natural pool can cost ranging from £110,000 – £130,000 based on the situation and size.
How Do Natural Swimming Ponds Work?
The method and material depend on the company. However, the objective of all is the same. It is to lower the nutrients in the water to prevent the growth of algae. It is done to keep the water clean. Some companies pump the water through the shingle. It works as a filter, and some use plants to absorb the micro-organisms, nutrients, and pathogens. It can be difficult to describe the difference between a natural pond and a pond. The latter can be converted to the former. In a natural pond, the animals are kept at bay. The clarity of the water depends on the nutrients level that should be less. Care must be taken that effluent run-off is prevented during wet weather. The falling leaves of the nearby trees have to be cleared off from the water regularly.
The pools can be given several shapes. For instance, it can be given a natural kidney-shape or can be excavated with formal straight edges. It can also be round depending on the preference and landscape.
Finding the right contractor can be difficult if you desire to build a natural pool. The reason being they are hard to come by. Aquatic Solutions, Hawaii is a company that has special expertise in the area. They have designed and constructed a plethora of natural pools. Contact them to solve all your queries.