The floors and the walls of the modern bathrooms are covered with ceramic or marble tiles. These tile surfaces withstand lots of water, soaps, detergents and pressure of the feet walking over them. The tiles also bear the weight of heavy cabinets and appliances kept in many bathrooms. Hence, frequent damages occur on these bathroom tiles in the form of cracks or breakage of grouts which is why the house owners need to hire competent building contractors for bathroom tile repair at their homes. There are certain factors that help in choosing the best person for this important task in any domestic or commercial building.
Points to be noted for hiring bathroom tile repair contractors
- Get Suitable References: It is best to ask for references from the local tile stores. The reputed tile suppliers can provide the references of the most reliable contractors for bathroom tile repair. So a list of such tiling contractors may be available from these tile suppliers. The background of each of these professionals should be checked carefully before hiring anyone of them. But no one should accept tiling services from carpenters or other professionals, who do not have expertise in repairing tiles.
- Check Experience Level: The competence of a contractor is proved by the numbers of years he is involved in tile repairing jobs. It is better to hire the tiling contractors who have handled bathroom tile repair for minimum three years. The inexperienced professionals can cause more damage to the expensive tiles and other bathroom fittings.
- See the Licence and Insurance: The chosen tiling contractors should hold the valid license from the local civic authority, which proves their competence. Normally, only the well trained professionals are granted this license, after checking their knowledge and expertise in handling all kinds of tiling jobs. Moreover, the tiling contractors should be adequately insured from any reputed insurance company so that any mishap at the workplace is compensated by the insurer.
- Know about the Quality of Work: The quality of the previous works of the chosen tiling contractor should be checked acutely. The pictures of their previous works are likely to be uploaded on the website of the tiling contractor. Moreover, it is best to ask for a reference of his previous client and check the quality and perfection of bathroom tile repair done at that building.
- Interview to Check Knowledge: The chosen tiling contractor should have adequate knowledge of all types of tile repairing works. He should know to remove the damaged tiles carefully and replace with new tiles of same material and colour. Some tiles may simply become loose, which he needs to make stable by adding fresh mortar throughout the joints. The tiling contractor should know how to remove all types of stains from the tile surfaces and restore the original gleam. The house owner needs to ask several questions and see if the answers given by the chosen professional for bathroom tile repair are satisfactory.
- Ask for Their Quotes – The homeowner needs to ask all the shortlisted tiling contractors for quoting the prices of the tasks they would handle.. The good contractors will first visit the working site and inspect the bathroom tiles to be repaired. Then, he would quote the costs of bathroom tile repair according to the nature of the job. The house owner can compare all these quotes and finally select the professional who offers the lowest price for accomplishing the task while ensuring the quality.
The selection of the right tiling contractor makes a huge difference and the bathroom tile repair becomes a smooth task to do. The expert contractors utilize the updated tools to avoid all mess while repairing or replacing the tiles of their clients’ bathrooms.