The world has witnessed a huge change after the development of technology mainly the internet. The internet has shown us that the human brain is capable of doing anything in the world and make the impossible possible. Past few decades ago no one would have imagined that there can be one system that can connect two people from different ends of the world. But the internet made all these possible. Not only these, but it has provided us many more opportunities.
Many people might think of technology as a mode of entertainment but for some people, it is a way of income. Most businesses in the 21st century are dependent on technology, directly or indirectly. Companies need to manage their APIs and work through them, this is achieved by using certain platforms like Apigee services. It is known to provide a platform where you can develop and manage APIs. It is very useful to the companies which have an aim revenue of 10M dollars with 50-200 employees. This seems like a fantasy but can be achieved through this software.
Apigee Edge helps you in making RESTful APIs that can be used by the app developers. REST APIs are a set of the function where the user can send a request and get a response in return. Examples of such APIs are HTTPS and WWW. Where we type our side of information and get responses in return. RESTful APIs implement the patterns of REST APIs. Edge provides a face to present for the services that are used to develop the APIs. The Apigee Edge provides you the development and management opportunities for APIs. Now, the question arises that why these APIs are so important for a business? Here is the list of various importance of APIs in a business:
- APIs are used to simplify and establish communication between two different applications and programs.
- They allow the company to grow quicker in a more efficient way.
- They allow innovations to take place as the remove the barrier to change.
- They provide an ecosystem to the business where many people can contribute together by interacting with each other offering more successful options to the company.
Not only developing, but managing APIs are important because of the following reasons:
- By managing we work on securing, analyzing, growing an API program.
- The security is necessary to avoid any threats and unauthorized access to the system.
- The management allows you to mediate your existing services and APIs into an easy-to-use format for the users and developers.
- A successful developer program and portal allows for faster productivity from the system.
The use of APIs is very common for the applications to interact with each other through this interface. But to develop and manage these interfaces like API, the Apigee web services is the best platform. It provides the best services namely, security, rate limiting, quotas, analytics and many more. all these services are hard to get under one platform which is user-friendly and provides so many new opportunities to the developers.