We recently launched our Fit ‘n’Tasty ambassador program and are beyond excited to show you who motivates and inspires us on a daily basis.
Let us introduce you to Victoria. She is passionate about health and fitness and thankfully, she blogs about it. She started her health blog Sailing Through Fitness last year and she has been evolving in the swiss fitness community ever since. We just love her articles, she is honest and her articles feel fresh, plus, they made us laugh … a lot!
This is her full interview (for interviews with other inspiring souls, go here)
Tell us a little bit about yourself.
Hey all! My name is Victoria. I am French and Swiss from origin but grew up in Canada and Singapore and moved a little all over the place. To say that I’m a healthy foodie and fitness lover is kind of a huge understatement. Health and fitness is a real passion of mine. I follow a clean, plant-based diet and make sure the produce I eat is organic and locally grown. Following this diet doesn’t only make me look my best; clears my skin and brightens my eyes, but it also makes me feel my best by giving me lots of energy.
What will we always find in your fridge/cupboard?
In my fridge/cupboard you will always find bananas, raw cacao, avocados and peanut butter.
What will we never find in your fridge/cupboard?
Refined sugar! The other day a friend of mine was looking to put some sugar in his tea and I realized I actually don’t have any in the house!
What is your workout routine like? How often do you work out and what exercises are your favorite?
I love all forms of exercise and I regularly switch up my workout routine. I do everything from weight lifting to yoga and circuit training to running, with my first marathon coming up soon! For me exercise isn’t only about challenging myself, but it’s also my way of relaxing and managing stress.
Favourite workout song?
Anthing Kanye is usually my go-to at the gym, but as a specific song I’m currently loving Yoga by Janelle Monae.
Favourite Fit ‘n’ Tasty juice?
Beet the Stress! (read about her Fit ‘n’ Tasty detox experience here).
Favourite healthy foods? Can you share a recipe with us?
My favorite dish is probably oatmeal. It’s so filling, nutritious and versatile! Here’s my recipe for blueberry pie porridge:
- Handful of almond
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Sprinkle of all spice
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/4 water
- 1/4 cup of blueberries
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp baobab powder
- Chop up the handful of almonds, put in a bowl with the coconut oil and all spice and mix together.
- Lay flat on a baking sheet and pop in the oven at high heat for a few minutes (these steps are optional since it’s just for the roasted almond topping, but seriously recommended).
- While your almonds are roasting, put all the other ingredients in a pot.
- Put your pot of oat mix on the stove, turn to low-medium heat and cover while still letting the steam escape (I like to have my spoon between the pot and the lid).
- Stir porridge occasionally, I’ve always heard that good porridge should not boil, so if you start seeing bubbles decrease the heat.
- When porridge has reached desired consistency, take it off the stove.
- Put porridge in a bowl and top with roasted almond and any other topping you fancy (I like almond butter, some fresh blueberries and a drizzle of coconut milk).