Microdermabrasion and microneedling are popular techniques in medical aesthetic spas that aim to reduce hyperpigmentation occurring due to melasma and other worse skin conditions. The Cosmelan Peel in this regard is one of the most common and effective strategies for balancing tone of the skin. The procedure targets enzymes that help generate melanin from the body. As a result, all discolorations fade away evening out the skin.
While the Cosmelan Peel is perfect to use for all skin tones, but one should be willing enough to complete the entire process since it is an in-office procedure that also requires consistent at-home care. Those following routine procedure will witness results soon enough within a week and the best results in five weeks.
It is important to be practical and reasonable in expecting results. Those suffering from dark melasma spots may see better skin tones and improvement, but the procedure might not stem the pigmentation. Some patients depend on ancillary treatments. Cosmelan is unique enough to correct melisma and it can solve the condition from returning back.
History and Process of Cosmelan
With origins in Spain, Cosmelan is one of the most effective professional depigmenting method used worldwide. The peel involves a smart two-step process that involves the application of a mud-like mask containing Azelaic Acid, Kojic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Arbutine, and more, and retained on the face for 6-10 hours. The procedure is dependent on skin type that requires different period of time of application along with the severity of hyperpigmentation being treated. After the process, one just needs a cleanser to remove the mask.
The second part of the process is to apply a topical anti-spot cream on a daily basis. The process involves the elimination of new dark spots and hyperpigmentation areas. The procedure needs to follow the first, for at least one year especially after the Cosmelan Peel process.
Benefits of using Cosmelan Peel
Cosmelan helps correct hyperpigmentation of the skin while regulating melanin overproduction in the melanocytes. It also lowers oxidative stress, which in turn lowers the production of melanin drastically. The result is aimed to control the development of new dark spots. Cosmelan is corrective and preventive at the same time while ensuring long-term results. One can even witness 95% reduction in skin’s pigmentation within 30 days after cosmelan application within hours.
The Cosmelan Peel Mask Procedure Takeaways
• The Cosmelan procedure is quite easy since there is no need for prep work. Medical professionals will cleanse your skin and then absorb oil from the area with a solution.
• Once the mask is applied, it will be kept on face for several hours. After the procedure, you can go home and relax with a brown mud mask on the face. You can wash it off at home easily.
• Apply the Mesoestetic Hydra-Vital Factor K right after the procedure to soothe your skin and retaining moisture. Use a sunscreen with SPF 30+ anytime throughout your treatment period.
• The follow-up treatment can revolve around the Cosmelan II cream, that needs to be applied for three weeks or more for complete benefits. Reduce application day-by-day, serving as spot treatment instead of a complete procedure.
• The Cosmelan Peel makes people feel warm, and is not a painful process by any means. Cool your face with a fan as your skin becomes tighter in some days following the procedure.
• Some suffer from mild itches or irritation as the peel progresses but things would not take a severe turn
Talk to your medical professional about whether makeup can be used after your peel. It is advisable to use BB or CC cream that includes SPF to fight initial redness.