Jaipur is a colorful city with buzzing cultural life amidst chaotic metro life. Ebbed in this brew of hustle, the majestic past of Jaipur holds the beauty that echoes, even today. Those who visit Jaipur do not visit it just for the sake of the long list of historic monuments. The culture has given rise to numerous art works, souvenir items and other cultural items that make the markets more colorful for shopping. The same cultural beauty has added grandeur to the cuisine of the land too. Know here the complete Travel Guide of Jaipur Tour.
Airport – Sanganer airport
Best Time To Visit – From August to end of March
Distance from Delhi – 270 km
Top Attractions to Cover In Jaipur
- Amber Fort – 16th century hilltop fort famous for elephant ride, jeep ride, exploration and others
- Hawa Mahal – honeycomb pink sandstone palace of wind, famous for its photogenic structure.
- City Palace – 17th century palace complex famous for the peacock gate, museum and exploration.
- Jaigarh Fort – Medieval fort famous for watchtower and the largest cannon in the world.
- Nahargarh Fort – hill fort of Aravalli hill, famous for great sunset view, picnic spots and others.
- Jal Mahal – Fort located in the middle of the water.
- Rambagh Palace – An ancient garden palace, which is turned into a luxury hotel
- Birla Mandir, Laxmi Narayan temple – marble temple
- Galtaji Temple – temple surrounded by water and granite cliff. You can spot many monkeys here.
- Sisodia Rani Garden – Little away from Jaipur, this 18th century royal garden was a retreat spot for royal queens. It is a popular wedding destination.
- Jaipur Central Park – famous for walking tracks, temples, musical fountains and others.
- Chokhi Dhani – ethnic resort, which replicates traditional Rajasthan villages for a cultural time with entertainments like folk music and dance, puppet shows and much more.
- Elefantastic – elephant farm open for tourists
- Albert Hall – this museum holds a large collection of handicrafts, artifact, paintings and royal portraits
- Jantar Mantar – astrological structure with many instruments for calculating time, position of planets and satellites and other celestial elements.
Best Way To Reach Jaipur
Sanganer Airport is located a little away from the center of the city. You can find flights from international locations like Kuala Lumpur, Dubai, Sharjah and others. The best way is to fly to Delhi from any international location and then find connecting flights to Jaipur. You can find buses, trains and cabs from different parts of the country to Jaipur. Even luxury trains like Palace on Wheels, Maharaja Express and Deccan Odyssey cover Jaipur.
Top Dishes To Try Here Are
- Dal batti
- Moong thal
- Missi roti
What To Buy In Jaipur?
- Johari bazaar, MI road – traditional attire, wooden articles, costume jewels, gemstones, accessories and others
- Bapu bazaar – camel leather articles, embroidery shoes and others
- Nehru Bazaar – blue pottery and accessories
- Chandpol Bazaar – marble articles
- Tripolia Bazaar – lac jewelry
Things To Do In Jaipur
- Elephant ride at Amber Fort
- Folk and cultural activities at ChokhiDhani
- Cycling tour at Nahargarh Fort
- Stay at any of the luxury hotels
- Explore the city on the back of a camel
- Hot air balloon ride near Amber Fort
Festivals Of Jaipur
- Gangaur of March – April
- Kite Festival of January
- Dhulandi festival of March
- Teej festival of July – August
- Jaipur literature festival of January