Every stellar lady boss needs an equally chic feminine home office. A place of inspiration. This is your space – not the kids or your partner’s – meaning, you get creative license to express yourself without needing to please anyone but yourself. So if you’ve always dreamt of lavender walls, here’s your chance to make your dreams come true.
Not sure where to start, here are some suggestions on how to bring your dream office into fruition.
5 Ways To Create A Feminine Home Office
1. Experiment with Colour: When you picture a girly room, automatically you envision neutral songs of grey and white with pops of pink – blush or sizzling hot pink – if that works for you fabulous, if not why not experiment with a different colour? Who says pink and purple are the only two colours synonymous with femininity! A nice neutral palette with a bold colour – vibrant yellow or sky blue – can be just as feminine as traditional pink.
2. Go for Girly Patterns: Add touches of floral, lace, paisley or glitter everywhere and anywhere possible. Colour coordinate with your wall colour choice to really make the patterns pop. A nice swatch of wallpaper, a beautiful chair, fresh cut flowers, a unique laptop sticker, a fetching glittery notebook or some pretty throw pillows.
3. Organization is Key: You’ll never get any quality work done if your office is cluttered and lacks organization – you’ll stress over that loose pile of papers when you ought to be on the clock. So do yourself a favour and invest the time and money into organizing your office space.
- Utilize storage bins to contain loose items – bonus, they come in great patterns – a great way to display these bins is in a 1825 Interiors bookcase.
- Build up with shelving units – doubles as a display for inspirational pictures or novelty art.
- Declutter your desk with paper trays, file folders, pencil holders and/or extra storage – this is where you can have some DIY project fun by beautifying dollar store or thrift finds.
- Add peg, chalk or whiteboards to keep you on track.
4. Personalize with DIY Projects: If you can’t find that magical piece to complete your vision then, make it yourself. Why compromise? This can really come in handy when you’re organizing your new digs. You can turn plain or thrifty finds into personal treasures by dusting off your imagination – or when in doubt, consult Pinterest – and your craft supply to revamp boring pieces.
5. Accessorize: No female office is complete without the inclusion of accessories! Your home office is the perfect place to showcase your personality. Plus, you can finally display those figurines your partner hates – hurray! Whatever your taste, put the finishing touches on it by adding: inspirational artwork, a plush rug, a gold trashcan, a fantastic clock to keep you on time, throw pillow/blanket, live or cut flowers, framed photographs, a bright light fixture (a chandelier for that va-va-voom factor), candles, figurines and/or stationary.
Whether you work from home or just have an office at your house, having a tranquil feminine work environment will help increase your productivity. And since it’s all about you, bring your dream office to life by decorating it in a way that appeals to you! That way you’ll wake up every day excited for another day at the office!