The science of skincare never fails to amaze, and if you haven’t been keeping abreast of what’s new, the best skin tightening procedures these days won’t even require you to go under the knife and on leave from work for a considerable period of time. There are plenty of considerations to make though if you’re looking to get these procedures done on you but, if you’re not quite ready for whatever psychological or financial reasons, you can always turn to tried and tested skin tightening remedies to resolve your sagging, wrinkling face issues.
What Makes Your Skin Wrinkle And Sag?
There are causes that you can’t control and factors that you can influence. So, when your skin begins to sag and wrinkle, don’t lose heart and don’t give up. Have a little faith in regular stuff you can find in your kitchen and your own little pocket garden but, before focusing on correcting your aging skin imperfections, you should start looking into any of the following factors that are causing your skin to age prematurely:
- Inappropriate skin care regimen and improper skin care habits. When done consistently day in and day out, how you care for your skin makes a difference on how your skin ages. Proper skin care begins when you get to know your skin better so you can give it the best care that suits exactly what it requires to stay flawless, young and blemish-free.
- Incomplete sun care. You may or may not have been religiously putting on your sunscreen. In the end, that isn’t all that matters. You need to make sure you’re getting a non-toxic sunscreen that has broad-spectrum protection and even antioxidants for added free radical protection. That’s not the end of it. You should also time your sun exposure and use other means to shield your skin physically from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- Poor nutrition. Did you seriously think that you can get away with not eating anything nutritious as long as you have an expensive overnight repair cream by your bedside drawer? Then, you have a very wrong perspective on your skin. Until you start treating your skin to be part of the rest of your body, you’ll always be playing catch up with wrinkles and sagging skin.
- Exercise. Muscle loss is real. Around the age of 30, women start losing up to 1 percent of muscle mass every year. The only way that you can stop this is by eating well, including incorporating sufficient amounts of protein in your diet, and by exercising regularly. Even with exercise, it’s best to perform it in moderation as too intense workouts can also make your skin sag and appear droopy.
- Rest, sleep and don’t stress yourself out. Learn the wisdom of making what stresses you a choice. You can start by better organizing your environment and your schedule. Many times, it’s not how much time you have but, how much energy you can assign to complete each activity. You should never miss out on your beauty sleep — hey, it’s called “beauty sleep” for a reason — to allow your body cells, including your skin cells to recover from damage and help prevent damage buildup. As much as you think your vices are a way to de-stress, too much alcohol in your system and smoking stress your body in ways that can make you older than you really are.
The Top 5 Skin Tightening Remedies To Combat Your Wrinkling Skin
Get your bowls and spatulas ready! Listed below are the Top 5 remedies to smoothen out and tighten your skin.
Remedy No. 1: Egg White Face Mask. This is one home remedy that makes you see and feel instant benefits from the second you apply it on your skin. The egg’s albumin contains rich amounts of protein, riboflavin, and lipids. All of which help repair and rebuild your skin.
To Use This: Separate the egg whites from two medium-sized eggs. Beat or use a whisk to form a foamy texture. Spread evenly over freshly cleansed and toned skin. You may also add yogurt for its lactic acid content to add exfoliation or, honey to make it extra moisturizing.
Remedy No. 2: Rose Water Toner and Mist. Rose water has natural skin toning and astringent properties that tighten and lightens your skin at the same time.
To Use This: Prepare your rose water. Take off petals from your rose flower and run it in lukewarm water to remove impurities. Place the washed petals in a bowl. Cover with purified or distilled water, just enough to wet the petals and to boil it. Cover and simmer. Strain and lock in an opaque, airtight container. Soak a cotton ball in the rose water and apply over freshly cleansed and toned skin. You can also use as the mist by storing in a spray bottle that you can take anywhere to keep your skin hydrated.
Remedy No. 3: Oatmeal Scrub. Scrubs often leave your face dried out and stripped of natural moisture. This natural scrub made with uncooked rolled oats does exactly the opposite. It helps bring back your skin’s natural moisture.
To Use This: Simply wet your skin then apply a good amount of dry, rolled oats. Give your face a gentle massage before rinsing off with lukewarm water. For an even more soothing concoction to soothe dry skin, even eczema, use colloidal oatmeal.
Remedy No. 4: Moisturize with Coconut Oil. Even the brightest celebrities swear by the power of coconut oil to restore their skin’s ideal moisture and facilitate faster healing and repair.
To Use This: Simply use extra virgin coconut oil after cleansing and toning your skin. You can even use this to revitalize your hair and scalp.
Remedy No. 5: Do facial exercises. Even soon-t0-be part of the royal family, Meghan Markle, is a believer. She says, “I swear it works, as silly as you may feel. On the days I do it, my cheekbones and jawline are waaaay more sculpted’.
To Do This: Follow cheeky and pouty poses that lift and firm your facial muscles. Use your fingers to act like weights that give your skin a better-looking contour.