When it comes to interviews, the first impression matters a lot. And your attires play a vital role in creating the first impression. Of course, your skills, knowledge and other qualities are paramount and will be judged in the interview; but how you carry yourself is one major point that interviewers often consider. What you wear is the reflection of your personality. So, be safe; dress well. Here are five must have attires for cracking any interview.
If you want to land that dream job and preparing for the interview, then power dressing is just the thing you need. You may feel comfortable in your casual and semi-formal clothes, but when you are dressing to impress then formal is the way to go. Be it a Pencil Skirt or a pair of well fitted trousers, formal attire is an absolute must for any interview. But just because it is formal, it does not have to be boring!
So, here are 5 must have attires that’ll make you look your best and take you through any interview!
- A pair of trousers: A well-fitted pair of trouser can never go wrong, ladies! Opt for a darker colour such as black, gray, navy blue. Team it up with a formal shirt or a button down blouse in lighter pastel shades such as pink, sky blue, peach, etc. Make sure the fit is perfect and you are ready to rock!
- A fitted bodycon dress: A fitted bodycon dress in solid colour and minimal design oozes confidence and power. You can choose a colour according to your skin tone, but make sure to stay away from any shiny or jewel toned colours. Team it up with a fitted blazer for a super chic yet professional look.
- A Pencil Skirt: You can never go wrong with this one piece of garment in your wardrobe. Professional, yet feminine, a pencil skirt can do wonders to your looks and confidence level. While you can go for a printed one, but in case you are sitting at the interview with a more conservative workplace, you should stick to solid colours. Pair it up with a shirt, or a blouse to complete the look.
- A Crisp White Linen Shirt: Let’s face it! There is and there will never be an alternative to the crisp white linen shirt. You can team it up with a pair of trousers or a pencil shirt to create a stylish corporate look.
- A well-fitted blazer: The importance of this outerwear is paramount. A well-fitted blazer can instantly give an edge to your outfit. Be it a simple trouser, a skirt or dress; put the blazer on it to create a complete professional look.
Team these attires with a medium high heeled pump and you are ready to win over the interview board. While these are the five outfits that are absolute must have for your interviews, there is nothing that can replace your attitude. No matter what label you wear, it is your attitude that will decide the fate of your interview. So wear your attitude and rock the next interview!