Christmas is coming up and with that the season of cookies, cookies and some more cookies. Most of us let ourselves go a bit during the festivities, and as soon as the bells strike midnight on December 31st, we bring out the same new year resolution as every year: get healthy and fit.
Resolutions — can’t live with ’em, can’t start the New Year without ’em. But most of us don’t manage to actually stick to them. In fact, Time Magazine’s poll confirmed “that while 65% of people who made a resolution in 2008 kept their promise for at least part of the following year, 35% never even made it out of the gate.”
But why is it so hard for us to stick to these goals we so desperately crave? Good question. Let’s see…
- You don’t hold yourself accountable.
- You don’t have a good support system that helps you stick to your resolutions.
- You don’t have a concrete, actionable goal in mind.
So, how do we turn this around then? Here are some universal tips on how to actually stick to your New Year’s resolutions throughout the entire year:
- Keep a diary, create a vision board or some other tool that help you think about and confront yourself with your resolutions on a daily basis.
- Tell your friends about your goals and ask them to constantly remind you of them.
- Set yourself a SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, timely) goal.
To make sure 2016 will be your year, we are hosting a New Year Resolution Kick Starter event in Lausanne on the 10th of January. You can join just for the workout and nutrition lecture and even start your detox with us on the day at a reduced price. Click here for more info.