Saree is that one dress which every woman loves to wear, literally. But there are a few ladies who regardless of their love for wearing a saree, don’t opt for it. Why?
Well, simply because they are fat. The tension and busy life has taken its toll on their body and they fear that a saree would not suit them as much as it does on a thin woman.
Are you one of these women? Have you gained a little more mass than you should have and sarees make you appear even fatter? We are sure that this reason has made you resist wearing sarees.
But don’t you worry. Only because you have a few extra pounds on your body does not mean that sarees won’t suit you, especially when we are here with ways in which you can look slimmer in them. Yes, it’s possible. An overweight woman can look slim in sarees. Here is how.
- Choose The Correct Fabric: Eventually, it all depends on your correct choice of fabric. When you opt for the right fabric, all those extra pounds can be hidden, leaving you with an amazing look. What you need to do opt for is light weight materials (Georgette, Chiffon, Crepe, etc.) because they stick closely to your body and make you look slimmer. Try avoiding the cotton fabric. If cotton is something you just cannot ignore, you can go for the lighter cotton. In fact, there are cotton silk sarees that would go with your body type perfectly. Try it!
- Opt for Lighter Prints: To appear slim in sarees, one must try to choose from the lighter print – pastel or sleek kind of designs, and if it’s only the print, then go for the ones smaller in shape. The big and bold prints will make you look plump. Do not forget that heavy materials are not meant for you.
- Go in for Sleek Borders: Ever seen Rani Mukherji in sarees having big borders? Have you noticed how much more short she looks in such sarees? Just in case you are her fan, please don’t get offended! She does carry off the saree very well but sometimes she misses the point. She forgets that her height is short and must not look ‘shorter’. This is something you must not forget. Narrow borders should be the choice made by plump women.
- Choose from dark Colors: We all know that black makes us look slim. Do you know why this happens? Thanks to dark colors. If you choose the correct color, be sure nobody will call you fat in a saree. Try dark colors like purple, black, and maroon and then see the difference yourself.
- Drape it well: This is the most important part of it all. Make sure you have draped the saree well. Do not tug in the entire drape in only one place unless an extra bulged out stomach is what you want to show.
Women’s ethnic wear online gives you an easy access to choose from a variety of types. Choose smartly!